I guess you could say I've experienced an epiphany this summer and decided to make a must
-do list for myself. While, I've been talking about doing a lot of the things on this list, some of them have yet to be completed and I want to make sure I stick to my word and stop putting it off. So here we go. . .
- STOP HOARDING - I have a tendency of purchasing clothes and shoes and leaving the tags on them FOREVER in hopes of preserving them for a special occasion and as a result, I miss out on expressing myself and my love for fashion waiting on that one special day to showcase the goods. I want to wear a tank and jeggings with my cognac colored Steve Madden oxfords just because I can!
- SHOW OFF MY LEGS - I haven't worn shorts or skirts since middle school. I've worn skirts a couple of times in the past 2 months because I had to. I want to change that and start wearing shorts, skirts & dresses on a regular basis. I love window shopping for them and most of the time I find myself adding more & more stuff to the wishlist. It's time to stop wishing and make it happen!
- LEARN TO WALK IN HEELS - I'm 22 years old and I have yet to get this down. I'm all about comfort & my love for flats has interfered. My 18-year-old sister can strut in heels with NO problem. I'm tired of looking at heels wishing I could buy them (because I refuse to pay for a shoe I can't walk in). This is kind of mandatory because I'll be in professional settings, being editor-in-chief of my campus newspaper and holding a position on the executive board of my organization. I'm a grown woman and it's time to suck it up and step it up.WISH ME LUCK. ;)
- WEAR MY FEET OUT - I've actually started wearing my feet out a lot this summer and I'm proud of myself! This is also along the lines of showing off my legs. I didn't like my feet (for whatever reason) so I would wear sneakers and flats all the time (even during the summer). I definitely plan on purchasing more sandals because they're cute & comfy.
- WEAR MY ARMS OUT - for every tank top I have, there is a cardigan (I'm obsessed with them). I'm a little self conscious about my arms, but I want to get over that and show them off.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT MAKEUP - I've been researching makeup tips and products via blogs, websites, & Youtube pages. (Special shoutout to Milan of Milan Rouge and Brittany of Clumps of Mascara) I want to try different things & change my look, learn how to do a nice smokey eye, wear a bright lip, etc.
- WEAR MAKEUP - That's pretty self explanatory. I want to purchase more products and experiment with my looks to see what works for me, because I right now, I NEVER wear any makeup. I own a small portion, but I want to change that.
- ATTEMPT DIY PROJECTS - I think my post about the destroyed Balmain t-shirt really sparked my interest and I would like to try out things like that at home instead of paying for it.
Well, that's my must-do list for now. I'm proud of myself for making some progress this season. I actually paint my nails now every week. I used to not paint them at all because the paint on my hands ALWAYS chipped and I could never find a color I really liked. I'm in love with neutrals and my favorite color for my feet AND hands right now is Vintage Gray by CQ. and Kiss Me Here by Pure Ice (it's a dark gray). But enough of my blabbing, that's another post for another time! Wish me luck on my endeavors dearies! ;)