I decided to share my favorite products for the summer that will also carry over into the fall so let's get into it! Read the deets on each of my beauty faves after the jump and let me know what some of your favorite summer products are in the comments. :-)
Message to Maybelline:
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - BB Creams originated in Asia and were used for skin brightening, but they made their debut in the U.S. this summer with different ingredients and purposes. Not only is Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream an 8-in-1 cream that hydrates the skin, but it also acts as a sunscreen (SPF 30) and gives light coverage if you don't want to mess with foundation in the heat! This is a nice product for us gals with dry skin. The only gripe I have with the product is their limited choice of shades. My sister and I both have this product in Deep, which is the darkest shade available
and my sister is lighter than me. Same goes for their foundation choices. They should really expand their shade selection.
I'm pretty sure women of all colors and complexions want to give your products a try, but they're not given that option due to your limited choice of tints/shades to choose from. Work on that!
- Tree Hut Shea Body Butter - I was introduced to these babies in February and I've been using them ever since. I have dry skin so I prefer body butters and creams over lotion. They keep my skin moisturized much longer than lotion does and they're reasonably priced. I normally get mine from Ulta. My favorite scent so far has been Tropical Mango which is a new scent they released earlier this summer.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Tinted Lip Balm - This product made its debut earlier this year and literally flew off the shelves the first couple of weeks. They're tinted moisturizing lip balms with SPF 20, the packaging is adorable and the most you'll pay is $3. My favorite shade is Pink Punch. It smells good and it gives my lips a natural looking pink tint. These are great for moisturizing before applying lipstick too!
- Essie Nail Polish - In the past, I've been very conservative when it comes to nail lacquer even though I love bright colors during spring and summer, but I came out of my shell and embraced pretty bright nail polishes this summer and began building my nail polish collection. I snagged 4 out of the 6 shades in Essie's Summer 2012 collection so I featured my favorite shade, Bikini So Teeny below. Essie usually retails for $8, which can be a bit pricey for some, but they're high quality and their collections are amazing!
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock - There's not much to say about this, but protect your skin! I decided to go with this body mist opposed to a sunscreen in the form of lotion just because it's easier. You spray it on about 15 minutes before heading outside and you're all set! No matter the preference; body mist or lotion, just be sure to protect your skin from the sun! I really liked this product and I'll definitely continue to use it for the rest of the summer.
- L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Hydra Collagen Plumping Mascara - I've had a hard time finding a mascara that works for me. One that doesn't clump up and one that has the perfect applicator and gives the illusion that I have on falsies and I finally found a winner this summer! It does exactly what it says in the name of it. It plumps and lengthens your lashes. I can get the look I'm going for with 1 or 2 coats and I'm good to go! I recommend this one to those who don't wear falsies, but want to get that look. I love it!