I was going through my posts and I noticed that I've posted nothing but Throwback Thursday videos and other music related things. There are things I think I want to talk about, but to be honest, I just haven't had the motivation. Another reason why I haven't posted much is because I want to talk with a purpose. I want the message to be meaningful. Most of the time, I'll just take to Twitter or Tumblr to discuss things, but I'm going to make more of an effort to discuss them in this space if I think the topic is one of importance.
Here's what's currently going on with me:
I had a bomb hair day yesterday thanks to Shea Moisture's Curling Souflee. That product gets a bad rep, but if you work it and figure out how to use it right, it performs magic. Let's just hope I get the same results once the warm weather hits.
- I'm a new blogger for My Brown Box, a monthly subscription service for women of color which features lifestyle and beauty products. Check us out!
- I want Senegalese twists or box braids as a protective style because I'm tired of my hair.
- But on the other hand, I want to buy a bunch of hair products to try out. I've become a borderline product junkie since I went natural. Lord help me!
- I turn 25 in three months and I have no idea what I'm going to do to celebrate. I just don't wanna be in Ohio. I've spent enough birthdays here and I'm over it.
- I want to travel more. I need a change of scenery.
- I'm gonna work on reading more. I read a lot of articles, but I don't read any books. I just have to find out what I like and what will keep my attention. The first step will be taking part in Clutch's 2013 Reading Challenge. I may be done with school, but you can never stop learning. Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card! *Arthur Reed voice*
- I'm going to see Queen Motha Beyoncé on tour this summer and I can't wait! I'll be a first timer and I won't have to watch the DVDs to be a part of the greatness. I'll be there live in living color! Ahh!
- Adulthood is overrated. Youngsters, don't rush the process.
- Job hunting is the devil.
- Post-grad life is the devil.
- The economy is the devil.
- I'm really trying to get back on the right path for my health/fitness journey, but trying to remain disciplined is so hard! I will conquer this one way or another. I want to be fit and svelte for my 25th in May and beyond of course.
- Multigrain Peanut Butter Cheerios has to be the greatest cereal of all time. Shoutout to my stepmom for putting me on. God bless you!
- I'm desperately in need of new music and tour lineups. Yep, it's that time again. *clears throat* Drake, Kanye or Breezy anyone?
- I am going to make more an effort to put more time and energy into this space. I know I keep saying that, but I mean it. I just have to find my groove!
- My darling friend Yetti asked me to take part in her "I Love Me" series on her blog so you can check that out here. Also, check out the site for her organization, She's A 10!, which is about women empowerment and helping women boost their self-esteem.